Benefits of Noise Barriers
Noise is an acoustic event due to a combination of non-harmonic vibrations or often unwanted disturbing sounds. Some researchers call noise as daily terror. Noise can damage our ability to hear, either immediately or for a long time in a noisy environment, depending on its level.
Noise is known to adversely affect the human body and mental health. Elevated blood pressure in terms of physical health, depression, and stomach ulcers are the main negative consequences, and the psychological effects can be considered to make communication difficult, create fear, make people aggressive, prevent creative occupations, fatigue, create stress, prevent sleep time, reduce the value of resting time.
Benefits of noise barriers;
The highway noise barrier, also known as the sound barrier, is used for sound insulation between the noise source and the noise-affected zone. painfully called panels placed between them. These products, also called noise barriers, generally prevent the spread of traffic noise along lines such as roads, bridges.
It is also used to prevent the spread of noise around machines such as generators, compressors, and the like. On the noise source side, some of the sounds that hit the screen are absorbed by the screen. This also improves the noise level on the noise source side.
- Noise barriers prevent bad noise from spreading to the environment.
- Noise is trapped between its source and does not spread to the environment.
- The Noise barriers made of rubber can be recycled.
- Durable for many years and costs very little.
- Since it can be covered with artificial grass, an aesthetically beautiful appearance is created.
These are the little benefits of noise barriers. So noise barriers are a very important detail for our lives. The use of noise barriers is very common in all developed countries. Because noise is linked to sophistication. The best thing about noise barriers is that they can be used for many years at no cost.
You will find noise barriers in all modern cities. Now, let us talk about the definition of noise and what noise levels disturb you.
Definition of noise and noise enhancing elements
Sound can be music for one person and noise for the other. It is written that there was torture with noise in history. Nowadays, people are being punished by the intense noise caused by irregular and unhealthy urbanization. According to the classification, noise between 30-65 dB (decibel) is disturbing in some cases.
However, the shape and size of the condition are very diverse. Insomnia starts at 45-50 dB. Some reactions occur in the nervous system between 65-90 dB. Noise between 90-120 dB starts to damage the hearing organs. Severe hearing impairments and deafness (loss of hearing) may occur if sounds in this dB persist for a long time.
The most obvious form of noise pollution is traffic noise. General elements to increase noise;
- Increase in population density,
- Mechanization as a result of technological development and industrialization process.
- The development of the transportation network, increasing the number, speed, and tonnage of vehicles.
- Expansion of settlement areas, unplanned and irregular urbanization.
- The ignorance and lack of education of the city people.
- Inadequacy in building and health services (acoustic property and inadequate sound insulation)
- Lightening and prefabrication that increase sound transmission in building technology
- They are economic factors that prevent prevention.
Noise control and measures to reduce noise
Noise control is possible on three levels. These; the reduction of the noise generated, preventing the access of the noise to the exposed ones (isolation of the source), and protection of the exposed ones. The first of the measures cover the measures to be taken in the buildings of industrial establishments and residential areas.
The second is to make use of the noise reduction properties of (biological) plants. The third one is to protect the individual with ear noise plugs. City-planning, separation of housing-industry-transportation places are the most important contemporary solution against noise.
One of the best measures to be taken is noise barriers. Thanks to the noise barriers, city life can be maintained more peacefully and vigorously.
Highway Noise Barriers as the Solution
The elements that can be applied as highway noise prevention/reduction techniques are;
- Afforestation and greening, using noise barriers
- Exhaust noise control and speed control of vehicles
- Giving priority to noise-free public transport
- Road construction material and road quality to reduce noise
- Acoustic standardization of building materials to ensure sound insulation in buildings
- Preventing unnecessary horns of motor vehicles
- Awareness-raising of the public and drivers
In developed countries; natural and/or artificial noise barriers are used to reduce the noise that affects the residential areas negatively on highways with heavy traffic. Curtains formed with natural plant species are more durable and economical than those made with artificial materials. Also, plant species feed ecological and biological wealth.
It is reported that the noise of highways passing through city centers in large cities over 45 decibels, which forces human health, affects the mental health of those living in the surrounding settlements. 45 decibels should be avoided from the noise, as the size of the noise increases the destruction of mental health. Noisy environments cause tension and fatigue.
As Hatko Sound Barriers, we are proud to offer you the highest quality and durable sound barriers. Hatko is one of the best highway noise barrier manufacturers in Turkey. by contacting Hatko you can make your life more beautiful.