What are the methods of reducing noise pollution?
Noise pollution is one of the major environmental problems. It has so many bad effects primarily on human health. To prevent this, dealing with noise pollution has become a major issue for city management. There are certain actions to deal with noise. As Hatko Sound Barrier Company, we compiled these reducing methods for you in this article. These actions are mostly managerial-level solutions, but there is some work for all individuals. So, what are the methods for reducing noise pollution? Here are the details.
The first and most effective method of dealing with noise is using noise barriers. As the Hatko Sound Barrier Company, we are working in this field for many years. So we have lots of experience with noise barriers. The main purpose of noise barriers is to enclose the noise where it is created and keep the harmful effects from the rest of the city. It has been proved that these products reduce the noise level by up to %90. And, of course, noise barriers are effective for not only highways but also for railways and some parts of the airports. This way, none of the vehicles affects the health of the living forms around.
So, noise barriers are the most effective solutions. But there are more than 7 methods to reduce noise. Now we will talk about these methods. They are more like precautions. So here they are.
Reducing Noise Pollution
Noise pollution mostly happens around certain parts of cities; airports, industrial facilities and factories, highways, railways, and some public areas. So, according to us, these actions we list below are not just for luxury, they are compulsory.
- At the level of city planning, industrial facilities, factories, and airports should be placed outside of residential areas. And if the cities grow through them, they should be moved.
- The horns of motor vehicles are the main sources of noise. So traffic rules should ban using them unnecessarily.
- There should be certain rules about forbidding all types of loud noises at all kinds of public places.
- To protect workers from noise at their working places, like factories, necessary insulation processes should be mandatory. For example, in our country, there is a detailed regulation that runs by the government, to minimize the noise level at workplaces. This way, the health of the workers is protected.
- Noise pollution should be mandatory for buildings and living spaces. Especially, places like nightclubs, factories, train stations, and so many more, create so much noise. So, the noise insulation at these structures will protect both inside and outside of these places.
- Again, as the most effective method, noise barrier usage should be widened.
- The management of cities should encourage reducing the use of motor vehicles. This way, they can solve, or at least reduce the traffic, air, and noise pollution problems. The government can lead people to use public transportation to have a healthier life.
It is possible to diminish the noise to acceptable levels with these precations. At this point, quality becomes an important matter. If the governments will use noise barriers, they should prefer to use top-quality products to get the best results. As Hatko Sound Barrier Company, we recommend our products because we serve the best quality materials. We are the only firm that has 6 different certificates for our products.
Although there are so many regulations about diminishing noise pollution, there are problems with the execution. Sometimes, some major cities give the required importance for noise, but most others don’t. So, the regulations should be held at the country level and governments should give the necessary importance to this problem.